New to Team Leading
A lot is expected of a team leader. Team members expect their team leader to be both resourceful and independent. A team demands loyalty and so does the company or organisation. When things aren't going well, a team leader must take responsibility, and when the team succeeds it is the team members that should get the praise. Great leaders will probably agree that being a leader in any sense can be extremely rewarding and fulfilling.
The course aims to give delegates an introduction to the basics of being a team leader whilst allowing them to develop their leadership skills and helping them to lead their teams more effectively. Delegates will learn about best practice that they can apply to their work situations.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Recognise and understand their roles and responsibilities as a team leader
• Explain the limits of their own authority and accountability
• Know how they can develop working relationships with their teams
• Be able to provide leadership and check and allocate work effectively
• Manage themselves and their own resources
B&CE, Manhatten Building, Crawley Business Quarter