Latest Manor Royal Press Releases
Networking on wheels
Manor Royal based Martin Verrall from Grant Thornton, along with James Hanson (HSBC) and John Yates (DMH Stallard), is formulating a concept for a cycling-based networking event for people working in the Manor Royal and wider-Crawley area, and are looking to gauge potential interest.
The basic outline of the event is:
- The aim is to build a social community in the Crawley area, get to know each other and build our networks
- Event held on the last Thursday of each month
- 5pm for a 5.30pm start
- Open to all people at all businesses that are based in Crawley
- Open to all cycling abilities, there will be an easy and a harder route, say 20 and 30 miles respectively, which should equate to around 2 hours in the saddle
- Start point (which is also the end) will be a pub within 15-minute drive of Crawley.
- Low cost event - only food/drink after the ride
- Rotating responsibility for planning routes and making arrangements with the pub
The first event is scheduled for Thursday 27 April and anyone interested should contact Martin on email@example.com or call (0)1293 554 087.
Martin asks that anyone interested in taking part:
- Shares this email with colleagues that may be interested (or your whole office!)
- Asks them to come back to you on whether they would attend the proposed launch event on Thursday 27 April
- Ask them which distance (the 20 or 30 miler) they would be interested in
- Ask them to provide any suggestions they have on making our concept even better
- Send a reply letting Martin know who has said yes and sharing their feedback
The aim is to generate interest from people from at least 15 different companies attending to gain the critical mass to give this event a chance.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Martin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0)1293 554 087.