"By 2026 Manor Royal will evolve into the south east's leading mixed-activity employment hub, providing modern business accommodation, a range of supporting amenities and achieving environmental excellence to drive the growth of Crawley and the Gatwick Diamond economy."
The Masterplan Vision.
The masterplan provides the vision and strategic direction for the growth and development of Manor Royal. It is used to inform planning decisions and identifies the opportunities for a range of commercial, leisure, environmental and transport enhancements to secure the area's future success.
The Masterplan document suite
The masterplan is made up of a series of documents to provide clarity in terms of the scale, location and nature of future growth. The main masterplan documents are:
- A Plan for Progress: A concise summary of the core masterplan documents.
- The Manor Royal Masterplan : The core document that guides investment and development. It sets the vision and objectives.
- Evidence Base & Technical Appendices: These detailed documents provide background to the core Masterplan document.
Design guide (SPD) and public realm strategy
A Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) has been produced to encourage good design on Manor Royal and is used by Crawley Borough Coucil to provide guidance on the design for new developments. There is also a separate Public Realm Strategy document that sets out a series of possible improvements that would enhance the overall trading and working environment, some of which are being progressed and promoted by the Manor Royal BID.
Development Principle Statements (DPS) for Key Sites
To accompany the Masterplan a series of Development Principle Statements have been produced to guide the development of Manor Royal's key sites.
The "Heart" of Manor Royal - the Hub
The "hub" is the term used to describe a range of services and facilities, like small shops and cafes, that the Business District needs to enhance the experience for workers and visitors.
- Read a brief description of the Hub
- View extracts from the GVA Grimley Masterplan (2010)
- View extracts from the Regeneris study (2008)
- Review the council's Core Strategy Review programme
- Crawley Borough Council's Manor Royal Planning page
- General Business/Property Enquiry Form
For further planning advice & guidance
For planning advice call 01293 438581 or e-mail email@example.com